If it isn’t apparently obvious what your face shape is, start by pulling your hair back from your face, sorry ladies–with no makeup on–look closely in the mirror. The features for each shape to look for are:
Oval Face Shape
- forehead is wider than the chin
- prominent cheekbones
- face gracefully tapers to a narrow oval chin
Your best brow shape: the soft angled shape, like Angelina Jolie
Round Face Shape
- face is almost as wide as it is long
- face is widest at the cheeks
The challenge with your face shape is to make it appear less round by making the face look longer. To do this, create as high an arch as you can, like Teri Hatcher.
Long Face Shape
- forehead, cheekbones and jawline are all about the same width
- can tend to have a prominent chin
- has an elongated appearance
To make the face appear shorter, the brows should straight horizontal lines that stop the eye moving up and down the face like Jessica Alba.
Square Face Shape
- forehead, cheekbones and jawline all about the same width
- squared jawline is the most obvious feature
To make your face less edgy, balance it with a strong brow or soften it with curves like Cameron Diaz.
Heart Face Shape
- similar to oval but the chin tapers to a point
Bring out your beautiful shape, use the point of your chine as the bottom of the heart and the brows to shape the top of the heart-Just like JLo.
Diamond Face Shape
- not as common as the other face shapes
- typically the face is highly angular
- the forehead is somewhat short
- the face is widest at the temples
To make your face appear less wide, go with symmetrically curved brows with the peak at the highest point of your brow bone like Christy Turlington.
Still not sure what will look best on you? Salonblonde offers eyebrow shaping services. We will make sure your brows look your very best.